434 Drill Repair — Removing a Stuck, Seized, Stripped or Stubborn Chuck (Makita.

Главная Форумы Отзывы и предложения 434 Drill Repair — Removing a Stuck, Seized, Stripped or Stubborn Chuck (Makita.

• Эта тема пуста.
Просмотр 1 сообщения - с 1 по 1 (всего 1)
  • Автор
    antwanfrizzell
    Гость

Drill Repair — Removing a Stuck, Seized, Stripped or Stubborn Chuck (Makita LXPH01)
    While it’s not uncommon to have to replace your drill chuck after years of use, it’s more likely that you’ll need to remove the chuck in order to repair one of the underlying components. This is usually a two-step task but not always. That’s because a seized, stripped or stubborn retaining screw can escalate your project in the twist of a wrist. Fortunately, most disagreements between you and the retaining screw in your drill chuck can be settled with a hammer.This one requires a hammer, a punch and a working drill. Locking pliers and a set of high quality drill bits will help speed things up as well. One last thing to remember is that the retaining screw is reverse threaded, so before you break out your hammer and punch make sure you haven’t been making the problem worse by tightening the screw.Hi, I’m Mark Sodja. Do-it-yourself repairs like these are easier than you might think. From lawn machines to cordless drills, kitchen mixers, outdoor grills, our how-to-videos walk you through each repair from start to finish, so doing it yourself means never having to do it alone. Let’s get started.I want to select a drill bit that has about the same diameter as the diameter of the screw head inside the chuck. In this case, I’m using a 5/16-inch bit. I’ll use a punch and hammer to give us as much of a starting point for the drill bit as I can. Get as close to the center of the screw as possible. Now I’ll use the drill to drill away as much of the screw head as possible. Now I can remove the chuck. To do that I’ll use a large Allen wrench. I’ll chuck it into the chuck just like I would a drill bit.Now I can use this as a lever to strike with a hammer. The quick burst from the hammer will break the chuck free and allow me to unscrew it. With the chuck removed, now we just need to remove the shaft that’s left over from the screw. The screw is a reverse thread, so we’ll use a clockwise rotation to remove it.Now I can thread the chuck back onto the shaft. I’ll just hand-tighten it. I don’t need to hit it with the Allen wrench again. Loosen the chuck back up and I can install a new retaining screw. Again, it is reverse-thread, so this time counterclockwise to tighten.Be sure to check back often for new videos and expert advice. If you found this video helpful, give us a thumbs up, and leave a comment.

If you cherished this post and you would like to get extra details regarding appliance repair toronto downtown kindly stop by our own page.

Просмотр 1 сообщения - с 1 по 1 (всего 1)
Ответ в теме: 434 Drill Repair — Removing a Stuck, Seized, Stripped or Stubborn Chuck (Makita.
Ваша информация: